Wednesday, October 1, 2014

À Montréal, Part I

À cause de commencer mon cours française à Pittsburgh, j'écris cette blog en française pour pratiquer. Et aussi, parce que j'ai visité un lieu que parle français, et je n'avais pas beaucoup de opportunité de parler là (mon amie m'a assité) et toute les Quebecois parlent anglais! 

On the account of starting French lessons in Pittsburgh, I write this post in French to practice. Also, because I visited a French speaking location, and I did not have a lot of opportunity to speak there (my friend helped me) and all the Quebecois speak English!

Ça fait trois ans depuis Gia m'a offert des desserts arabe dans le meilleur bar en Bruxelles, Délirium Café, oú une belle amité est né. (J'avais toujours pensée que si il y avait quelque person que m'a offert des bonbons en sa voiture quand j'e'tais jeune, j'aurais la entrée , et j'aurais mort.) Gia et moi parlons assez souvent (pour deux personnes qui ont connu l'autre seulment pendant 4 jours), au sujet du norriture, bien sûr! Et quand elle a démenagé à Montréal, il faut que je lui visite.

It has been three years since Gia offered me Middle Eastern desserts in the best bar in Brussels, Delirium Cafe, where a beautiful friendship was born. (I always thought that if there was a person who offered me candies from their car when I was young, I would get in, and I would be dead.) Gia and I speak fairly often (for 2 people who have known each other only 4 days) about food, of course! And when she moved to Montreal, I had to visit.

Cette année, j'ai passé toute mes jours vacances assister les mariages de ma soeur et mes amies. Je n'ai pas un vrai vacance, donc j'ai décidé que je conduirais à Montréal. 630 miles, 10.5 heures, et deux jours plus tard (j'ai condu 5.5 heures et passé le nuit à New York), j'ai arrivé à centre ville à chez Gia, et on a commencé manger et parler et boire, la base de toute bonne amité.

This year, I spent all my vacation days attending the weddings of my sister and friends. I have not had a real vacation, so I decided to drive to Montreal. 630 miles, 10.5 hours, and 2 days later, (I drove 5.5 hours and spent the night in New York), I arrived in downtown at Gia's place, and we started to eat and talk and drink, the basis of any good friendship. 

Le premier repas a été poutine, la nourriture de les dieus. C'est un grand plat de frites, sauce brun, et fromage en grains de cheddar. Avec son petit ami, on est allés à La Banquise, un resto 24 heures qui est très célebre pour sa poutine. Il y a un plat qui s'apple "La T-Rex," avec steak haché, pepperoni, bacon, et saucisse hot-dog. J'ai commandé "La B.O.M", avec bacon, oignon, et merguez. Je n'ai pas des photos parce que je la avalais toute; je mourais de faim. Je l'aimé beaucoup; les oignons ont sucrée.

The first meal was poutine, the food of the gods. It's a big plate of fries, brown sauce (gravy), and cheddar cheese curds. With her boyfriend, we went to La Banquise, a 24 hour restaurant that is famous for their poutine. There was a plate called "La T-rex," with ground beef, pepperoni, bacon, and hot-dog. I ordered "La B.O.M," with bacon, onions, and merguez (it's a spicy lamb/beef sausage from North Africa, and through migration, very common in Europe). I do not have pictures because I inhaled it all, I was starving to death. I liked it a lot, the onions were nice and sweet.

Parce que c'est post est dejà longue, je la finis ici, et je vais écrire bien tôt (et avec des photos) de la reste du ma aventure Canadienne. Les gens française, corriger, svp!

Because this post is already long, I end it here, and will write soon (with pictures) of the rest of my Canadian adventure! French people, please correct this!


No comments:

Post a Comment